Thursday, April 17, 2008

BLOGGERS BEWARE!!!

Look at what happened to this blogger, he claims ABS-CBN used his pictures without his permission. In light of this, I've decided to keep some of my essays in my journal and it will not be published here anymore. I have no protection for my articles. Better safe than sorry.

How then do I protect myself from cases such as these? Pictures can be protected through watermarking, however it is not possible for essays. Besides, I don't want to post pictures here. By the way if I want how is that process done? Here's what happened as the blogger reported:

Thursday, April 3, 2008. No big event was scheduled. My blogging calendar is set free. I was supposed to report for work at one in the afternoon, but due to a nagging headache I have to call in sick for half day.Then with nothing much really do to at home, I turned on the television. Switched the channel to ABS CBN for their morning talk show Boy n Kris. I must admit I am not a big fan of this show. I don’t like it. But I don’t hate it either. Then there was this short snippet about the Pintados Kasadyaan Festival of Tacloban Leyte. At first I was kind of excited to see them featuring this festival. Excitement quickly turned into doubts as I started to see photos that are not related to the Pintados Kasadyaan Festival. One particular photo I saw was the Dinagyang Photo which is also being used by the Department of Tourism. Then my doubts turned into anger. Three photos from my blog appeared one after the other. What made it worse is that the photos were zoomed so close that the watermarks can no longer be seen on television.


Source:
http://www.byahilo.com/2008/04/03/how-abs-cbn-tv-show-boy-n-kris-stole-my-photographs/

Update:
10-20-08
The blogger deleted the post maybe the entire misunderstanding was settled. Good.

Related Posts by Categories



No comments: